Monday, June 1, 2009

Walk In The Spirit ( Galatians 5:16 )

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Galatians 5:16

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walk in the Spirit, so what does that mean? Well, as we know to walk in the spirit is to be lead by God. To be walking in His truth and to be lead by His Word. Thinking now this takes me to the book of Psalms, where as in Psalm 23 it says He leads me beside still waters or another example in Psalm 86:11, "I Will walk in thy truth". Walking in the truth. We must be lead by God's Word and by walking in His truth we will avoid fulfilling the desires of the flesh. This doesn't mean we will be perfect,but remember the Lord's prayer lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil( Matthew 6:13 ). Friends granted there are times that trouble will come our way,but the beautiful thing is the Lord will provide a way every time. What is even more encouraging is there will never be a temptation too strong for us and as I stated before will provide a way out( 1 Corinthians 10:13 ).

Another thing I think of when walking in the spirit is to be consumed by God's Word. Another words getting to know God daily through reading and getting deep. As the Word clearly states study to show thyself approved unto God( 2 Timothy 2:15 ). How can we expect to walk in the truth if we don't know it? Do you wake up thinking about God? Do you desire to read His Word and want to know Him more? Friends before I met God He was pursuing me. Now I am pursuing Him, longing to know Him better. How do I do this? By getting in the Word and talking with Him in prayer. God desires a real and intimate relationship. Friends think of the relationship David had with God. How close and personal it was. This in no way means we disrespect God, but as I shared with a youth group when you talk to God be real and reverent. Another words if you are hurting tell God what is going on, but at the same time believe He is sovereign and seek His will in it. Friends turning things over to His will in prayer is not about getting what you want,but about developing trust in Him alone and trusting in Him no matter how things work. That is real trust not saying poor me, but saying God you will still get glory in this situation.

As we continue walking in His truth, in the spirit He will help us with temptation. Friends one thing I can tell you for my life personally and I thank God for the work is how He changed my desires. Used to I lived for me and now I live for Him. Like I told my dear brother Justin the other day and as I've told others when it comes to relationships how ever things work out ,blessed be the name of the Lord for He knows my needs above what I think or know.

Brothers and sisters be encouraged to walk in the Spirit daily. Live a life worthy of the calling( Ephesians 4:1 ). Don't take it light, it's not a game people's eternal lives are at stake. Be not ashamed of the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ our risen Lord and King. Fight the good fight of faith( 1 Timothy 6:12 ) and realize the message you have to share is one of hope and of salvation( Romans 1:16 ).



Good night and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: