Saturday, May 30, 2009

Doing God's Will Isn't Easy( 1 Peter 3:17 )

For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

1 Peter 3:17

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I don't know where people get this whacked and weird idea come to Christ and life is a bed of roses. Like all the sudden life get's easy and you never go through any rough times at all. Sadly this is being preached in some pulpits and I'm here to share the truth straight from the Truth, God's Word. Often times when I think about the Christian life I think of what Christ said in His sermon on the mount, that narrow is the way and strait is gate( Matthew 7:14 ). This simply puts there is one way(John 14:6 ) to heaven and that is through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. There is one way to live and that is by God's Word. This doesn't say that life gets really easy and we have no problems. No sometimes we will have problems and as James put it count it all joy realizing that through it works out our faith through growth( James 1:2-4).

I love how the Apostle Peter puts it here for it is better. Notice were not suffering because we are bad people or cause we did anything wrong. In fact we can take joy in the suffering. I know that may at times be hard to swallow and deal with believe me been there, but God will give you the grace to endure. One thing I've learned and God does have to remind me of here and there is don't take it personally for they hated me(talking about Jesus) first and they treat you ill and hate you for His name sake( John 15:18 ). So my advice and believe there are times God has to even remind me, don't take it personally.

Brothers and sisters when you suffer I would encourage you instead of whining to God, pray for His strength. Seek His will in this situation and friends when going through trials the Lord will either get you out of it or get you through it. Either way He will be with you every step of the way. Remember whether good times or bad, be sure to glorify God. I love how the Apostle Paul put it for me to live is Christ, my death a gain( Philippians 1:21 ). In my words from this verse in my life and in my death Christ will be glorified. If that means by me going through mocking, beating, or suffering through outcast so be it. I will glorify God not based on what I get,but for who He is.

Good night and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: