Saturday, May 16, 2009

To God Belongs The Glory ( Psalm 115:1 )

Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.

Psalms 115:1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To God be all the glory! Not because of what He can give,but because of His mercy and His truth. You know so many times I've heard people, granted they probably are not Christians say thank God. Course sometimes I've been very tempted to ask to which god are you thanking. They might get insulted,but sadly our society is so busy giving glory and praise to everything,but God. They have made their own gods and give them praise and maybe sometimes give thanks or something resembling praise to the living God. Don't believe me look around how materialistic our society is and just see how many gods there are in America, false gods. So sick the idolatry!

One thing of many things God continues to reveal to me is how great and marvelous He is. As I continue to see how majestic He is and just how much He has done and continues to do in my life alone I can't stop with giving Him praise for all of it is due to Him. Not to mention I've seen things He has done in other brothers and sisters lives. Then just yesterday I was in such awe how through the reading of His Word He encouraged me, friends for that I felt He deserved praise. I can't tell you how awesome it was to get up from reading God's Word and to have a smile on my face. If that isn't worthy of praise then you tell me what is?

Friends I will give God glory up until my last breathe. This means in good times and bad. God deserves my praise for He is the reason I have a job, He is the reason I breathe, He is the reason I can even get through every single day. So even if things are not going as I planned still God will get the glory for I know that in it all His will, will be done and that through it He will help me through the storm.

Brothers and sisters I encourage you to give Him your praise for it is all to do to Him. For He created the heavens and the earth. Just remember as I said even on bad days God is right there, just give Him the glory and I promise He will see you through it. For the Lord is close to those of broken heart( Psalm 34:18 ). I know this first hand as I was in the hospital with my grandmother and yes I know of I've spoken of this before, but know this God is faithful. I share this with others as encouragement that God is there and if not for His I would not have made it through. He was my strength and through it I grew closer to God. Today my grandmother is doing well, in fact now she is doing better than when she went in. Granted she doesn't leave the house, but at least she is getting around the house on her own. Praise be to God for that. Give God the glory, remember for every blessing He pours out turn in back to praise. Remember this life isn't about us, but all about Him.

Good night and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: