Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blessed Is The One Whom God Corrects ( Psalm 94:12 )

Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;

Psalm 94:12

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I bet you would never see this as a bumper sticker. Reason being I think it's not popular to admit for some reason that we Christians aren't perfect. I saw this button on here last night and it summed it up well, 0% perfect, 100% forgiven. See I don't walk around thinking I'm better than anybody in fact I'm grateful He saved me. Friends I do believe some or a lot of people get the idea come to Christ and instantly you become the perfect person. No, wrong I know I am not going to be perfect this side of heaven. Still knowing that motivates me to press forward wanting to be like Jesus. Abandoning who I was, another words as the Apostle Paul put it dying daily( 1 Corinthians 15:31 ) to be like Jesus, my Lord and Savior.

So when this verse says blessed is the man whom thou chastenest first off to clear up the what chastenest means, it means to correct. So here the psalmist is saying blessed is the man whom the Lord corrects. Friends the Lord will correct those whom He loves. Think about it God is our heavenly Father and as a father must correct his children when they do wrong would not you expect the same from Him? The best part is God doesn't act out in any wrong way, but out of love. It may not feel comfortable,but He is correcting us for our good and His glory.

You know I've had these moments where God has had to set me straight and my first response is thank you God.Despite how uncomfortable it has felt in the sense that I knew I was wrong, I was glad to know He loved me. See friends to let a child continue on doing as they please and not correct is to not showing love. Beautiful how even in correction we can see yet another depth to His beautiful love.

Notice He teaches out of the law, what law you say? The ten commandments. Now while the law is used for converting sinners( Psalm 19:7 ), it is for a reminder to us who love Him. For those who love Him obey His commandments ( John 14:15 ). It doesn't mean we will get it perfect,but He will guide, correct, and preserve us till the end. As it is written trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all ways acknowledge Him and He will guide you( Proverbs 3:5-6 ).

Brothers and sisters remember God is our heavenly Father and there are times we need correction. See this as yet another way He shows us love. I love how He keeps up on track and through correction continues molding us. For He is the potter and we are the clay( Isaiah 64:8 ).


Good night and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: