Monday, May 4, 2009

Are You Living A Life That Pleases God ? ( Colossians 1:10 )

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Colossians 1:10
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you living a life that is pleasing to God? Is your very walk worthy of whom called you? You know and this is just covering the first part of this verse. We need to be living everyday to please God in how we act and speak. What amazes me is there are people who call themselves Christians,but their walk is showing themselves otherwise. Friends the scriptures are very clear and state we shall know them by their fruits( Matthew 7:16 ). I know I'm not perfect,but I seek to please God in everything I do, everything from washing the dishes to even helping my mom with my grandmother. I know those seem like rather ordinary things,but its not about what we do...it's that we do it all for God's glory. As it is written do all things heartily unto the Lord( Colossians 3:23 ). I've learned through these simple acts to develop more of a servant's heart.

The apostle Paul concludes this verse with increasing in knowledge of God. Part of our walk with God and pleasing Him is we should be growing in knowledge in His Word. Remember as the scriptures say we need to study to show ourselves approved unto God( 2 Timothy 2:15 ). Friends daily we need to be in His Word growing daily. There isn't a certain amount,but I guarantee the longer you walk with Him the more you will desire and the more you will read. I know for me I can't get enough. The other day I couldn't go to bed without reading a few Psalms. Amazingly day by I am understanding more what David wrote in Psalm 42:1, about how his soul desire God as the deer panting after the brook. As you grow in spiritual maturity your hunger for the Word will grow too.


Friends our very lives should be to please God. We were created to worship and to glorify Him. Make every effort to seek to please Him. Even when times are rough give Him the glory. I've found that when the storms of life come and you praise Him, it amazing how much louder the praise in the calm becomes. Remember praise shall continually be on our lips( Psalm 51:15 ).

Good night and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: