Monday, May 18, 2009

I Preach Christ Jesus My Lord ( 2 Corinthians 4:5 )

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

2 Corinthians 4:5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be a Christian, is first and foremost to realize it is not about you. If that surprises anyone please email me and I'll fill you in. I love how despite all that Paul has been through and believe me has which he talks about in chapter 6 of 2 Corinthians is he showing humility and showing we are servants of Christ. Now granted most people hear the word servant and go wow that word sounds kinds outdated or no way, not me. Well, as a dear brother and I were talking about yesterday there are only two masters. Those who are lost are servants of unrighteousness therefore servants of sin. This can come in a varying forms, but irregardless they are subject to sin. I know cause in my past I was a slave/servant how ever you want to put to alcohol. Praise God in august of 2007 the Lord helped me put it down and continues to fight it. Friends let me share this with you I know the very reason I can walk in a convenience store or grocery store and fight the temptation is because of Jesus Christ. Does this say John is perfect? No this says I make it everyday based on the strength of Him who saved me. Us who are believers are servants of Christ or as the Apostle Paul wrote in Romans 6:18, servants of righteousness. In this case we serve God with all that we are. Granted this doesn't by any means, mean we are perfect,but it means our greatest desire is godliness in that we desire the things of God and to grow in holiness, for as it is written "be holy for I am holy"(Leviticus 19:2,20:7, 1 Peter 1:16 ) . I love this analogy I heard from a pastor, growing up they owned a farm and he talked about how a time when it snowed how he tried to follow his dad's footsteps. Now granted as a small boy like he said he couldn't get it perfect,but he sought to be just like his dad. The same goes for us, Christ set the standard and granted we are not going to get it perfect that in no means gives us room to just do as we please. If we stumble, make a mistake instead of giving up, we ask for forgiveness and press on. Friends I think sometimes people get the idea you come to Christ and things get easy. I'm here to be honest with you and tell it may not be easy,but it is well worth it. Jesus didn't promise an easy road( Matthew 7:14 ),but He did say He won't leave us nor forsake us( Hebrews 13:5 ).

When I share these words of encouragement here online I preach,proclaim Jesus, not me for I am just John. I can't save you for as it written salvation is of the Lord ( Jonah 2:9 ).Be encouraged brothers and sisters to continue sharing Him with anyone and everyone. Remember it is good news for in the gospel is the power of salvation( Romans 1:16 ). So friends I encourage you whenever a man shares the gospel be sure He preaches that Jesus Christ is Lord. As I spoke on the other night prove all things, this even includes people. Let the Lord guide your heart and mind through His Word.

Good night and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: