Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Realize Your A Fool And Then Become Wise ( 1 Corinthians 3:18-23 )

Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

1 Corinthians 3:18-23
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It never ceases to amaze me how those who don't believe in God can find a Christian ignorant. Don't believe me? I've heard this from people with degrees and I'm thinking just one thing are you serious ? The one thing I have heard common among them is that we get suckered into this religious thing. Every time I hear that it just makes me laugh and reminds me of something the Apostle Paul wrote in Romans when he writes claiming to be wise they became fools( Romans 1:22 ). Need I say more? Friends I'm not saying having a degree or attaining knowledge is bad, but to glory in that knowledge above God is vain. To seriously think you can obtain a great knowledge of things of this world and know more than God is absurd and plainly arrogant. Like I will stress again I'm not discouraging learning in fact I am currently in college myself and believing learning is a good thing. The thing is we must understand that all understanding and truth comes from God and through it give Him the glory.

For example like I said I currently in college pursuing a bachelor's degree in Biology and through this knowledge I can give God glory. One way is it is amazing how diverse each animal is and how He designed them. How He gave them certain functions and certain systems to live just amazes me. When I get my diploma in 2011 I will be able to thank God. Like I've told other brothers and sisters the path He has me on at first seemed odd,but I know He has a purpose for me. He is using this time to teach me lessons, to grow, and use me in ways I may not see now,but look back and say wow. See sometimes God uses us and we may not see it then,but look back and say man that is awesome.

Another thing I'd like to point out is how people in this world get wrapped up in how much they know and how they can handle things. Then when something bad happens they turn to God, but my question is, is why is it only when things are going bad? Why is it they think they need Him sometimes ? Friends I know for me personally I need Him everyday from the time I get up till I lay down. In fact I go to bed with Him on my thoughts, why? Cause in Him I find rest. I may not be wise in things of this world as the "culturally cool" are,but who cares ? I am instead getting nourished in God's Word. I am instead being taught by God for He is my schoolmaster. So what if I don't know the latest car lingo or trends in society, I seek to know God deeper and deeper.

I spoke on this the other night, we should be pursuing God with all our hearts, all our souls, and all our strength. By this we need to be getting deeper in His Word. Don't just skim it or read a little. Get in and get to know Him. I encourage you seek true wisdom and true knowledge through reading His Word. So what if the world calls you weird, guess what the disciples where considered weird. Why ? They were devoted to preaching and teaching the words of Jesus. Believe me they met opposition read the book of Acts ,but still they served God with all that they were. They didn't let mocking or persecuting stop them. They continued all the way to death. So why I ask are we letting being considered weird or strange stop us? Friends when I say weird to the world they see us weird, to God He sees holy, same person two different views. Be willing to step out and be holy for He calls us to be holy.

Good night and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: