Wednesday, May 20, 2009

He Who Began It, Will Finish It!( Philippians 1:6 )

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:


Philippians 1:6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the use of the language the Apostle Paul uses here when he says being confident of this very thing. The very thing he is talking of is the sustaining power of Christ. Friends if the work is truly of Christ, He will finish it. Does this mean we will be perfect this side of heaven? No, but that in no means give us an excuse to live how we want,but instead motivates us to live a life pleasing to Him who saved us. Brothers and sisters what I read in this verse is knowing that despite my short comings God will finish the work in my life. What I'm saying is this do you remember the day God saved you? Do you remember the person you were? Well, fast forward to now? Do you see where you've come not based on your abilities,but because He who began a good work is continuing to work on you. See friends I know I'm a finite human who makes mistakes, is lacking in areas, and is dependent on God. The beauty in this is God is above my failures, my areas of lacking, and continues to refine me.

What I find beautiful is this work is continuous and I learn and grow daily. I was talking to a brother the other day and told him that when I'm 90 God willing I'll still be learning. Friends we don't get to a point in our walk with God where we have it figured out and then can say hey look at me. Instead we are constantly learning, encouraging and growing. What I find is so awesome is that through my trials and even in my short comings I can encourage someone else. Remember this when you make mistakes don't think you surprised God. He knows, in fact He knew before it happened remember He is God. Instead of getting wrapped up in the fact you made the mistake, come to God asking forgiveness and seeking His face on how to respond. Guess what He still speaks.

Brothers and sisters be encouraged to know that He who saved you will finish the work which He began. When God says something He means it. Once again I will say I love how it is written being confident. Another words there is great assurance. Friends the very author of our salvation is the one who begins this work and I'm sure He will finish it. Be encouraged and move forward knowing our victory was won on Calvary's cross by our risen Saviour and mighty King. How beautiful it is to know that He who began a good work will finish it. Thank you Jesus!

Good night and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: