Thursday, May 14, 2009

Be A Man! ( Ephesians 5:25 )

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Ephesians 5:25

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I believe I've said this before, but I love how God has taught me and continues to teach me. See one thing I had so twisted and messed up is my perception and take on love. Worse off is how a family should work. My idea before Christ before Christ opened my eyes came from television and hollywood and believe me wrong and yes twisted. Friends the tv dads I have seen and remember don't exactly show me men willing to give themselves for their wives in fact most of them would more than likely put her in the way of harm. Friends sadly men have been made out to be fools and well, plainly not men. Praise God for Him opening my eyes and renewing my mind and my spirit. Praise God for showing me daily how to be a man through His Word.

Brothers while in this context in this passage it is talking about man who is married we who are single need to prepare by honoring other women. You may say now how does this prepare me for being a father someday. Friends if you can't learn to treat younger women as sisters with purity meaning you treat them with dignity and respect or by respecting the older women by honoring them( 1 Timothy 5:2 ) than how do you ever feel your going to be the head of your house. These acts giving honor to the older women, treating the younger women with purity, can't you see how they will they will translate into your married life. If you can't do it now then how do you expect to do it then.

You know I used to get real down about being single. In fact I'll be quite honest there are some tough days even now, but the great thing is daily I can see God using this time to prepare me and use me. See one thing people so often do and I've been guilty in the past of doing is looking at this time of singleness with gloom. Friends don't do that, look on it with joy. In addition I also want to say just because your single don't use this as an excuse not to be a man. Use this time God has given you to grow in Him. Granted you don't ever stop growing and learning, but use this time wisely. Don't waste it saying poor me. Use this time to get to know God and see how He wants to use you.

Feast on His Word and understand what it means when if by God's grace you do get married to love your wife as Christ also loved the church. Friends I can't begin to even put into words how God has dramatically shown me what love is. I thought I knew what it was before I knew Him, but then I met Him and then wow. Everyday I learn it runs so much deeper than I ever thought. If you really want to know love, get to know the very author of love, get to know God.

Brothers I send this as encouragement and a reminder that as Christ gave Himself for the church, so should men have this same kind of love for their wives. A deep love, a sacrificing love and this doesn't start when you get married it starts long before you get to the altar. Start today, don't wait be a man. Be the man who God calls you to be.

Good day and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: