Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Being Made Free, Became Servants Of Righteousness ( Romans 6:18 )

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Romans 6:18

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know one of many things God has revealed to me is that I was a servant of sin. Before coming to Christ I would never have come out and said it,but I was. See that is thing sinners won't raise their hands and say yes I serve sin, but whether they want to admit it or not they are a servant of it. Let me give some examples and you see what I mean. Think about the man who does drugs and just can't quit. You ask him why don't you quit and his response is I can't. Another example is someone who lives to feed their sexual appetite. Sadly our society sees that as just "enjoying the most" out of life. To me I see it as God sees it and that is sin. See friends this person just as the man who is addicted to drugs have something in common they are serving their desires. They are not seeking to bring God glory in their actions.

So then when we meet Jesus those of us who are saved we then as the Apostle Paul writes here become servants of righteousness. We no longer seek to serve our flesh,but instead seek to please God in all that we do. You know its amazing,but I think if I told someone I was a servant of Christ they might get the wrong idea. See people's mindset of servant is not the right picture. See we serve Christ with a willingness knowing what He has done for us. As it states first we have been set free from sin. As it is written the wages of sin are death( Romans 6:23 ). Friends when I think of the very fact that He saved me, on that alone I am grateful. I am grateful to know that I am spared the second death and have been granted eternal life. So as servants of righteousness, remembering how grateful we are and what our calling is we need to seek His will through His Word and in communion with Him daily in prayer. Friends this doesn't we are perfect by any means. Sure were going to make mistakes,but here is the great thing through growth and correction(from God) we will learn. That is discipleship growing daily to be more and more like Him. Granted we won't be perfect this side of heaven, but that in no way should discourage us, but instead should encourage us to run this race with patience longing to see Him waiting for us at home in Heaven.

Friends be encouraged to serve God with all that you are. Be glad to be a servant of righteousness and that you no longer serve sin. Praise God for Him setting you free and making you dead to sin, but alive to Him( Romans 6:11 ). I know that you may struggle and war with your flesh,but know this that as long as you walk in the spirit you will not fulfill these desires( Galatians 5:16 ). I send this as encouragement to you my brothers and sisters.

Good night and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: