Tuesday, June 30, 2009

One Way To Heaven -> Through Jesus ( John 14:6 )

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friends, Brothers and sisters I believe this is a very familiar piece of scripture. Here I believe and as any true follower of Christ knows there is only one way to Heaven and that is through Jesus Christ. So I ask the question why is it with this text making it so clear with there being one way,why is it that people want to broaden or make alternative paths? Well, let me put it this way, men love darkness( John 3:19 ). With that said some may go well these other religions or other ways aren't dark they are enlightening. Let me ask you this what does the scriptures say? See so many times people want there answers in numerous places; the bottom of a bottle, the end of a needle, a 1-800 number, a self-help book, but honestly there is only one place for all the answers and that is the Bible.

Think about about what Jesus says here in the text," I am the way, the truth, and the life." Friends do you see something there ? There it is do you need truth? He is it. Anything we have questions on and need an honest and truthful answer go to the Word of God. Now the answer may not just pop out,but believe or not it is in there. The Bible covers a variety of topics and areas and best of all its truth. Friends I've found that in numerous areas of my life when I needed an answer that in His Word is where I find the truth I need. Are you going through a tough decision to make, guess what the Bible has an honest truth on that, after all it was inspired by truth itself.

What else does He say He is the way. He is the way to live. Friends our very lives should be molded on how Christ lived. This means everyday we seek to conform our very thoughts and actions to be like Him. Think about it, every thing you do, say and even think should seek to bring glory to God. When this mindset is put in place it is beautiful I do believe. Let me share with you something in my own life. I've noticed how I seek in everything I do to please God. This goes from doing chores,eating my meals, when I'm at work, and even doing school work. I seek to please God. Why? Cause my life is all about Him. To any fellow believer this should make perfect sense. Its living every single breathe giving His name praise and glory in all my activities. This has taken those activities which I don't find as much fun and made them more enjoyable as I see them as time to give His name glory. This is what it means to do all things with a whole heart to God( Colossians 3:23 ). We were created for Him and to give Him all praise and all glory.

Also Christ says is He is the life. How beautiful to hear that! This is that without Christ you are dead. Now at first glance someone would say what?! John I just don't understand nor get at what you mean. The scriptures are clear when they say that until we are born again( John 3:3 ), that we are dead in our trespasses( Ephesians 2:1,5, Colossians 2:13). To expresses this further; say you live a life where you haven't killed anyone, you haven't had premarital sex, don't do drugs, or much less any immoral thing. Still if you don't have Christ your still dead in your trespasses. Why you ask? Romans 5:12 answers it, "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:". So we all are born spiritually dead and unless we are born again not by flesh,but of the spirit, we don't have eternal life to look forward to. So see how beautiful it is to hear Christ say He is the life. Christ is eternal life and no person has it apart from Him.

So friends be encouraged to know when someone asks you how do you get to Heaven. You can boldly respond with this there is only one way and that is through Jesus Christ the Son of the living God. We know this because the scriptures confirm it. We can stand firm on it for it is not our strength in which we stand ,but by His strength in which we stand. Like I emphasized last night with a very familiar verse, that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me( Philippians 4:13 ). Remember also what He also indicated in this verse He is the way, the truth ,and the life. Keep those words in mind that we need to continuously be molding our lives into being like Him; in thought, action and speech. Remembering that any truth we need can and most certainly be found in His Word. Lastly remember that there is no eternal life found outside of Him. I leave you with these two verses as encouragement from the Apostle Paul in his epistle to Rome.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. "
Romans 12:1-2

Good night and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: