Thursday, June 11, 2009

Don't Let Anger Lead To Sin, Nor Let The Sun Go Down Upon Your Wrath ( Ephesians 4:26 )

Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Ephesians 4:26

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I'd have to say at least for me the first time I read this I believe I misinterpreted it. My thought was to be angry is a sin. I know crazy thought. Of course the beauty as Christians we grow in our walk with God and He teaches us through reading His Word, in prayer, through bible studies, church, and a person favorite of mine talking with Him(fellowship). What I meant by being angry isn't a sin in itself is that there is a time and place to be angry as long as it doesn't lead you to sin. The best example I can think of was when Jesus over turn the money tables in the temple. He had every right to be angry they had turned the house of the Lord into a den of thieves( Matthew 21:12-13 ).

Notice also the second half of this verse says let not the sun go down upon your wrath. Friends if there is a dispute or a quarrel between you and someone don't let the day end on a bad note. Make reconciliation with that person. Even if you didn't start it, at least be the bigger person and show them the love of Christ. Extend to them kind words and be real. Believe it or not this changes things. Too often we see when a quarrel happens between two people no one wants to be big enough or "man enough" to start the reconciliation process. No one is willing to step down and be humble. Instead it seems pride sticks its ugly head and usually wins. While it may not be easy, be willing to show them love. You never this quarrel may have nothing to do with you. In fact they may be having a bad day or who knows maybe they are hurting and need someone to talk to. In extending the love of Christ you could open the door to share the good news or if with a brother or sister encourage them where they need it.

Friends one thing I've learned is us humans, both lost and saved are prideful by nature, but by God's grace I know I can daily grow in humility. What is beautiful is through my total dependence on Him, He continues to work on me and as it is written He who began a good work will finish it( Philippians 1:6 ). Be encouraged by this brothers and sisters, to know the God of our salvation is faithful.


Good night and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: