Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In My Life And In My Death Christ Will Be Glorified ( Philippians 1:20-21 )

According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Philippians 1:20-21

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd venture to say most of us believers know verse 21, but at what depth? Do we merely think if someone say to us I will kill you if you say you believe in Jesus and that is it? Do we simply end it as that? Now granted that is truly living out the call of living the life even unto death, but friends oh the depth is even beyond willing to die for Him. See dying for Christ is easy when you really think about it. Sure the means may not be easy to endure,but it will end and then you go home to see Jesus. To live for Him, now there oh there is something much harder and when I say harder it requires honest and sincere commitment This is discipleship through loving obedience( John 14:15 ).

Friends think of it this way when you lose weight for the most part it isn't hard. What really is hard is keeping it off. The same is with walking in obedience. See to die for Christ is one act that ends your life and then you go on home, where continued living here on earth requires a daily commitment to living the life to which you have been called to. As you read on following verses after verse 21 you see how the Apostle Paul talks about being in tight spot between being on earth and going home to heaven. As you can get from his tone and as you read on in the verses he would love to go on to heaven, but knows he benefits those who are here.

See though the "Christian life" isn't easy we do benefit others while here through glorifying God in all we do. In seeking to glorify God in every aspect of our lives we are as instruments to bring them to the knowledge of Christ. As it is written we are to be the light of this world( Matthew 5:14 ). So friends while this life known as the "Christian life" may not be easy it is well worth it. For the joy we have to look forward outweigh anything this world has to offer. As I've stated before in times past, verse 21 is such encouragement to me, whether in my life or in my death Christ will be glorified. This to me means everyday as I live for Him I will seek to bring His name glory through all I do whether I'm at church, eating or even as I'm at work all shall I do whole heartily to Him and in my last breath I shall give Him glory. This means even if I'm dying of cancer or being martyr God will receive glory from me. Praise shall be continuously on my lips and circumstances will not dictate that.

Be encouraged my brothers and sisters to glorify Him in your life and even at death. Granted none of us know that day, but I was thinking this day. Now some would think this is morbid,but I considered beautiful in light of the context. I believe in whatever way I die I believe God will give me the grace to endure it. I believe if it will come through martyrdom then He will give me that peace that passes all understanding to be able to give praise to His name through my final trial. Friends God is faithful to the end. For we walk by faith, not sight( 2 Corinthians 5:7 ).


Good night and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: