Friday, June 26, 2009

Persecution Isn't Limited To Certain Saints ( 2 Timothy 3:12 )

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

2 Timothy 3:12

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know it amazes that people and I've mentioned it before that people somehow think being a "modern" Christian will somehow get them out of persecution. Friends anyone believing has got some serious fog in the way or maybe their definition or thought of persecution is very limited. See I think too often when we hear persecution we think Foxe's Book of Martyrs or reading in the scriptures about being afflicted and think pain and torment as in physical pain. Friends persecution is not limited to the physical realm. No my friends persecution can be mentally as well. How many times have we thought about being mocked or taunted as being persecuted? Whether we realize it or not it is a form of persecution.

What I'd like to go ahead and say is this, notice it says that all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. Do you notice what it says "all"? This doesn't mean some or a few, but this means all who live godly shall suffer persecution. This doesn't mean they might or could, but they shall. Remember what our Lord and Savior said, " If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.(John 15:18-20 ) "

You know to me reading this is encouragement and I'm sure a lot of people would say John that sounds nuts. Here is why I know one these things shall come to pass as my Lord said they will. In addition I know I serve a faithful God who will give me the strength( Philippians 4:13,Isaiah 41:10 ) to endure and that they hate me, because I am not of this world, but hate me for His name sake. Brothers and sisters to look at life and circumstances with this perspective is beautiful. I'll be honest I do have rough days and I know we can all relate, but I do not let people,circumstances, or even my feelings dictate who or where I'm headed much less my identity. Instead I go to the scriptures and am reminded of who I am in Him and what He did for me.It is this knowledge I do believe when we as believers go through persecution in all its forms that helps us endure.

Be encouraged that even as persecution shall come that He is faithful whom saved you and preserves you daily. Remember He will never leave you nor forsake you( Hebrews 13:5 ). Do not fear persecution instead look on in courage and seek His strength when it comes. You don't have to put on a facade as it may be scary and even painful, but instead stand firm in Christ alone.

Good night and God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: