Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Sustainer ( Psalm 3:5 )

I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.


Psalms 3:5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How I can very much relate to this verse. The third psalm was during a time in which David had fled from his Absalom. What always amazes me when you read the psalms David writes you see when David is in despair he still puts his trust in God. He doesn't turn to someone else and say hey maybe they have the solution or think maybe I have a better idea. No, David realize his hope and his trust is alone in the Lord. For me this verse has really touch my heart as I've seen it time and time again in my life. Recently while in school has been the most awesome display of it. On tuesday and thursday, my day starts at 5:25am and ends somewhere around 10pm depending on the amount of homework or tests to study for. Despite how long the days are I feel refreshed and until I head to bed that night I feel full of energy. I know the sustaining strength I get is from God.


Truly I find my rest in Him alone. What really puts me in awe of how wonderful and loving He is, is when I have late mondays or wednesdays where I have stay up past 10 where it cuts into sleep and through it all the next morning I wake up refreshed. The great thing is I turn these blessing back into praise. For the joy of the Lord is my strength( Nehemiah 8:10 ) and I don't know about you,but that is such a beautiful way to start the day.


I encourage you brothers and sisters as you go out through the week find your rest in Him. I think of how it says I laid down and I awaked, for the Lord sustained me. If I wake up another day, I thank the Lord for it, for He has a reason for me for that day. Friends I encourage you to be a light( Matthew 5:16 ) for this world. They are looking for something, share with them something that is real. Share with them the One, who is mighty to save.



God bless,
John W.
Whybrew III <><

No comments: