Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Lord Is My Teacher ( Psalm 86:11-12 )

Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.

Psalms 86:11-12

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The psalms are my favorite next to the book of John. I love this psalm, but these two verses in this psalm have especially touched my heart and been encouraging. In verse 11 it says Teach me thy way, O Lord, I will walk in
thy truth; unite my heart to fear thy name. When I read this I think of how God is my teacher and He leads my paths, leads them in righteousness through His Word and time in prayer. David says I will walk in thy truth, not only does he wish to be taught,but will act on what he is taught. We must not only be hearers of the Word,but doers of the Word as well( James 1:22 ). David then asks in the same verse to unite his heart in fear. In this meaning of fear he means in reverence. David had great reverence to God and put his trust in Him. No matter what he went through, good times and bad he still put his hope in God alone.

In the next verse it says I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart and I will glorify thy name for evermore. I love how David is emphasizing that he will love God with all that he is and that he will glorify God for the rest of his life. You can read this in the other psalms he writes. Even through bad times and good times he still praises God and puts his trust in God alone. For me I have began to understand so much deeper as through personal experience. I have talked about a lot and to me I love talking about because of how awesome God is. I love how truly wonderful I saw Him work through a situation that was very tough. Through it all my faith grew and I came to understand that the trying of our faith worketh patience( James 1:3 ). In the middle of that storm I found strength that was not my own and as the Apostle Paul wrote let the weak say I am strong( 2 Corinthians 12:10 ).

Brothers and sisters I encourage you as the week continues through. If your struggling with something cast your cares to Him and pour out your heart before Him for He does care for you( 1 Peter 5:7, Psalm 62:8 ). Know that no matter where you go day to day that you don't have to go alone, that He is with you every step of the way , guiding and directing you.

God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: