Friday, April 3, 2009

I Am Not Mine Own ( 1 Corinthians 6:19 - 20 )

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These verses should be on every believers thoughts daily. As we go out we should remember we are not our own and that we should live each and everyday to glorify God. Truly we were bought with a price far above any. You know everyday I do think about how I act and speak. I think about how does my very life bring God glory. Sadly most people when they get up in the morning they think about themselves and how can they better themselves. I know, cause this was how I lived my life once too and as Christians we have to fight this as well. Believe me I've found that you can just get up and already the battle between the flesh and the spirit is starting and I haven't even left house.

I find personal encouragement from the Apostle Paul in the Word when he says that he died daily. Friends we must die daily to this flesh and like he wrote here to the Corinthians remember we have a purpose and that is to glorify God in all we do. Whether it is doing our best in school, work and of course when sharing the gospel. Don't be nervous about having the right words or having that right speech, just be willing and obedient to God. After all since God used someone like Moses who had a speech problem and someone as young as Jeremiah, I believe He can use anyone. We just have to as the Word says trust in Him alone and lean not on our own understanding( Proverbs 3:5 ).

Friends be encouraged as you go out through this weekend. Be a light for this world( Matthew 5:16 ). In all things you do, do them with a whole heart for the Lord ( Colossians 3:23 ). Remember we are not seeking to please those in this world,but instead seeking to please God and Him alone.


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: