Thursday, April 16, 2009

Don't Be Unequally Yoked! ( 2 Corinthians 6:14 )

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

2 Corinthians 6:14

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I've thought about this verse and sometimes I wonder if some Christians read this. I say that with all love. Now this doesn't mean we shouldn't witness to those who are lost, but our quality time should be in fellowship with believers. Now I'm sure some would say,but hey maybe through our relationship they will come to know God. Friends while that sounds of good intent it isn't wise. They should come to know God based on a desire for Him and not because they love you, but purely a desire for Him alone. Friends we are to guard our hearts( Proverbs 4:23 ) and believe or not allowing an unbeliever to become this close into your life is dangerous. Your allowing the garbage in their lives into your life. Granted when you witness you will experience some amount of trash, it is not the same as allowing someone to become a part of the intimate part of your life. When the Apostle Paul was talking about being unequally yoked he was talking about marriage. So brothers and sisters before getting married consider this. Consider as he said there is no fellowship with righteousness and unrighteousness and no communion between light and darkness. As it is written Prove all things( 1 Thessalonians 5:21 ). This includes friendships and relationships. Let me restate what I said before our quality with time those who are believers.

I urge all of you brothers and sisters if your not in a relationship don't rush it. For me personally I'm waiting, waiting for this. I'm waiting on God's best and nothing less.


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: