Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Humility Before Honor ( Proverbs 15:33 )

The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

Proverbs 15:33

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a couple things I must say first, the proverbs are deep. God gave him wisdom and to refresh everyone that begins with fear( Proverbs 1:7 ). When I say fear, this means reverence. With a deep reverence to God, a deep humility it is amazing the knowledge God reveals to us through His Word. This doesn't mean we know everything,but it is amazing at the Truth we obtain and how our eyes are opened. Like I was explaining to a dear brother( in Christ) the other is how before Christ I looked at the Bible differently. Before you know Him, you just don't look at or read it the same. Now reading it, man I just can't get enough of it. I'm hooked on Jesus. He is my hope and my source of everything. What a lot of people don't realize is they have a natural bias towards the bible. Think about it, when you were in a class did they ever take a verse or something they may have heard in church out of context?

Then in the next part of the verse it says humility is before honour. I have found as I continue to grow in Him that humility is a strength. For me before Christ this was an issue and I didn't even know it. I was prideful and didn't even know it. Scary cause my vanity was unknown to me cause I was so wrapped up in myself. I can look back and see now in hindsight. How do I see this? The biggest and easiest way is because I was focused on me and how others viewed me. So that sounds like self-esteem,but after a while I became sorta cool and became rather proud of myself and where I got myself. Praise God for coming to the rescue saving me. As a result you can see who I am now is not because of what John did, but because of what Jesus Christ did. I can claim no credit to anything in my life that has changed,but instead to a supernatural work from God and He isn't through with me. I'm not perfect, but everyday I pray to continue to grow in humility to continue growing closer to Him as I walk with Him daily. I know I'm not going to perfect this side of heaven,but I'm going to make every attempt to walk in the spirit and to not fulfill those desires of the flesh for the old man is gone( Galatians 5:16 . For I know the Lord orders the steps of a good man and He will guide me through His Word all the days of my life( Psalm 37:23 ). He will never leave me nor forsake me( Hebrews 13:5 ). These are promises I hold onto for God is faithful( 1 Corinthians 1:9 ) and in Him I do place my trust and confidence in.

Brothers and sisters I encourage you to have reverence to seek out knowledge and wisdom from God. I promise you God will not hide Himself from the humble, but those who are proud He will hide His face.The Lord loves humility and in it is strength.

God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: