Saturday, April 25, 2009

Be Content With What You Have ( Hebrews 13:5-6 )

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Hebrews 13:5-6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know right off verse 5 reminds takes my mind to Psalm 23, where it says the Lord is my shepherd I shall not want. Granted there are necessary things we need day to day,but do we need to get so caught up in worry about not having this or that? Last night at EMM( Encouraging Moments Ministry) service in Forsyth a friend of mine and dear sister in Christ's father mentioned about how even the sparrows are taken care ( Matthew 6:26 )Now friends while we all know this from the Word, how often do when we get in a tough spot or tough time forget this? How often do we worry that how am I going to pay the next bill or put gas in the tank? Do you realize God takes care of them and just how much more will He take care of those who are His? Friends I can tell you personally in my own life how awesome it is that I've seen things taken care not because of what me or my family has or can provide,but because of God. God continues to provide. Despite the rough times we are facing God is continuing to provide my family and I with everything we need. Because of Him I still have a job, food in my belly, and a place to lay my head. Because of Him my grandmother is doing so much better in fact she is getting up and moving around more on her own. When you make His desires yours, its amazing the difference it makes. Remember as it is written seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you( Matthew 6:33 ). Put Him first and don't desire what isn't yours or what you don't have. Remember God provides exactly what you need and when you need it. Remember to seek Him first and foremost. Awesome isn't it to know He will never leave us nor forsake us.

I love in verse 6 how it says I will not fear what man will do to me. Friends I can't begin to tell you the confidence I have in God. Before I came to Christ death honestly scared me. I believe it scared me because I didn't know where I was going. Now I'm no longer afraid and see it as not the end,but the beginning of eternity. For on the day I close my eyes I will cast off this mortal body and go home to see Jesus. I'm not afraid of man for all they can do is at most take my life for God holds my soul. Sadly it pains me to see people who when mocked or persecuted compromise who they are.Friends I can't stress enough that no matter what, even if death is an option still praise God. With every breathe in your body give Him the glory. A personal quote or saying and an encouragement for you my friends, whether I live or die Christ will be glorified. Live every moment for Him. We were made to glorify Him, it is your reasonable service ( Romans 12:1 ). As Paul wrote there in Romans be a living sacrifice, live your life as a light to this dark and fallen world.

So friends, brothers and sisters I encourage to not lose hope. No matter how rough things look know this God will take care of His own.

God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: