Saturday, December 20, 2008

Witnesses For Christ ( Acts 1:8 )

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 1:8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Christians we are called to be witnesses for Christ. We should be reaching out to others and sharing the gospel of Christ. This verse wasn't just for those in the upper room. Isn't a witness someone who has first hand knowledge? I know I can share the gospel not because of who I am,but because God equips me with the words to say. There have been times I've spoken to people and I'm like wow where did that come from ? Immediately I give credit where credit is due and that is my heavenly father. Friends being a witness can come in many forms whether it is open air preaching, handing out gospel tracts, counseling a friend when they ask advice, playing uplifting Christian music, or as I tell people being a living testimony. As the Word says those who preach the Word should live a life according to it( 1 Corinthians 9:14 ). In my humble opinion I believe Stephen's living testimony had an impact on Paul's life. I believe it showed him who Christians really were.

Brothers and sisters in Christ we really do have a great calling on our lives and that is to reach out to this lost and dying world. Everyday there are people dying who if they don't know Jesus Christ as Savior are going to hell. I hate to be blunt,but He is the only way to heaven( John 14:6 ). So friends I urge you go out and tell someone about Jesus Christ and about the gift of eternal life. What I've found is the things I gave up from my past really were not worth anything, in fact they had no value compare to crown of life waiting on me in my home above. Another thing to remember is we are not guaranteed tomorrow. Do you want that person spending eternity gnashing their teeth? Regardless of how well I know someone I would not want that for anyone. Instead be that light to them leading them to Christ( Matthew 5:16 ).

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real and cast all your fears, doubts, and worries at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: