Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Lord Hears When Ya Call ( Psalm 4:3 )

But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him.

Psalm 4:3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you my brothers and sisters had those times were the storms of life were coming down hard and others around you had it good. In fact those who were believers and those who where lost and it seems like God isn't listening. Truth of the matter is He is listening. The thing is whatever we are going through is a result of one of two things. Either the devil is trying to trying to attack us or God could be using it to strengthen us. Remember as it is written all things are used for our good( Romans 8:28 ). Friends one of the many things I love about God is knowing no matter what time , where I am or what I need to talk about He is there for me. Even before I got saved He was looking out for me. You know this year makes two Christmas that I've been able to celebrate with a much different perspective on this time of year. I mean I always knew all the sayings and such,but last year and this year have had such deeper mean to me.

So friends I urge you call on Him no matter how big or how small it is. We have been granted an opportunity to have direct fellowship with Him. You don't need format or certain words or length. Instead like I tell people be real with Him and remember He is your heavenly Father. He loves you more than anyone ever will. A song that comes to mind is "Mighty To Save" and I promise He is mighty to save. We serve the great serve the great I AM( Exodus 3:14 ).


For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, fears, and doubts at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !

God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: