Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Do Not Be Conformed To This World ( Romans 12:2 )

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 12:2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This verse is one of my personal favorites. This verse truly described to me how God transformed me last year in July from the man I was to the man I am now. I know the way I think, the way I act, the way I talk, and just the way I conduct myself is proof that God worked on me from the inside out. The best way I can describe it is He did a spring cleaning of me.

Friends as this verse clearly states we need not be conformed to this world. This means anything of this world, whether in what is what to wear, what to listen to or the top in the box office. Regardless of the world is saying you need not go by what it says,but instead go by the Word of God. Truly if you are saved, a born again Christian I believe in my heart you will not want to partake in things that go against the Word of God. It just doesn't make sense. I'm not saying it will be easy,but it is right. It is written that we are to prove all things( 1 Thessalonians 5:21 ). I've said this many times,but if we share this gospel we should be living it( 1 Corinthians 9:14 ). Friends a living testimony speaks volume. Believe it or not those who are lost are looking for us to fall. They are waiting for us to trip up just so they can somehow criticize us or God. Another thing is most people are so used to dealing with so called Christians that they are sick of it. You know who I am talking about, those who play church by going Sunday for their fire insurance. Brothers and sisters I encourage you to show them that there are those who live the life they talk about. Were not perfect, but we don't go around trying to put on an image of perfection. Instead show them a life that bears the fruit of the spirit( Galatians 5:22-23 ).

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of his forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: