Friday, December 26, 2008

Good & Perfect Gifts Come From Above ( James 1:17 )

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

James 1:17

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, friends once again Christmas has come and gone so quickly as it always does. Amazing how we spend so much time getting ready through shopping, cooking, cleaning, preparing, and decorating, yet it ends in 24 hours. This verse is very fitting for the holiday that just passed and to me this year I had an extra special gift. Of course no gift could ever replace the gift of our Messiah being born,but last night while in prayer I thanked God so much for my grandmother being here another year with us for Christmas. For anyone who doesn't know, she nearly died the week after Thanksgiving. I know the very reason she is alive is because of God.

So as you can see this verse talks about every perfect and good gift comes from above and life is truly a good gift. God provided my grandmother with more time with us and to me that truly is great gift and to me that topped every gift I got this year. Of course the longer I've walked with the Lord I see that His good and perfect gifts come in many forms from smiles your down to words of encouragement on a rough day. Gifts don't have to come in boxes with bows, in fact most of the gifts I've received lately in my life are people and truly they are blessings/gifts and I thank God every day for them. God knows our very needs. While we may not understand why or how people come in our lives , I know we are grateful for them coming into our lives.

For anyone reading this who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight ( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: