Friday, December 5, 2008

By Your Words ( Matthew 12:34-37 )

O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Matthew 12:34-37

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These words written in red said by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Talk about hitting it right on the head. The reason the Pharisees and Sadducees got irritated was not cause He was wrong,but cause He was exposing them for who they really were. As it is written it is not what goes in a man,but what comes out that defiles a man( Matthew 15:11 ). Truly when you speak it says a lot about who you are. It really saddens me to hear people who go to church speak like devils outside the four walls. I just in my humble opinion can't see how someone who loves the Lord and has given their life to Him would speak unbecoming of the gospel. It to me just doesn't make any sense.

When I hear these verse a few different passages come to mind. In Ephesians the fourth chapter the first verse it talks about living worthy of the calling( Ephesians 4:1 ). I know for me when I first got saved I wasn't sure what I was to do in the church. The things to do seemed limited, pastor, youth leader, sunday school teachers and so forth. I thought where did I fit? The thing is as Christians we are all called to share the gospel with all the world. We are to be reaching to the lost and seeking to win souls. That is not just an evangelists or a pastors job that is a Christian's job. In fact I've come to find it to be the most enjoyable job cause I want to do it. Friends part of being born again is you develop compassion for the lost.

Another verse that comes to mind is those who preach the gospel should live the gospel( 1 Corinthians 9:14 ). In other words we should be living lives that match up with scripture. How can we witness to someone if we don't live the life we share with them. That is why I do my best to live a life according to the Word of God. I'm not perfect, just forgiven.

Another thing to consider is before speaking or even after you have said something check it with the Word( 1 Thessalonians 5:21 ). Now I'm not saying you won't make mistakes,but I promise the more you examine how you act and speak by the Word. Then the less you will think about it and just live and act the way God intended you to live( James 4:15 ).

So friends I encourage you to watch how you speak . Speak becoming of the gospel. Use your speech in such a way to reach out to the lost and to shed the light of Jesus Christ on this dark world.

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet,the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy ( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: