Monday, December 29, 2008

Jesus Calls Us Friends ( John 15:15 )

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

John 15:15

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our King of kings and Lord of lords spoke these very words. I find them very beautiful. To me it shows the love He has not only for His disciples, but for all Christians. He calls us friend, despite who we were the day before we got saved He calls us friend. Brothers and sisters that is absolutely humbling. As I do so many time reflect on who I was and the mess my life was. I'm so grateful that I serve that great I AM. I'm so grateful He didn't give up on me and continued to reach out to me. The best way I describe it to people is God had to do a spring cleaning from the inside out. I'm in no way saying I'm perfect, but thank God everyday for how far He has brought me and look forward to see where He takes me next.

I notice in the second part of the verse how Jesus mentions that He tells the disciples that He reveals things to them that God the Father has revealed to Him. We have that too in the Word of God. Every question, problem, concern or topic is there. I find it amazing that people turn to everything in this crazy world,but rarely ever think to pick of the Word of God. Do you need comfort, do you need joy, or stress? I promise it's all in there. Friends be encouraged as 2009 comes. Share the gospel with someone new, in fact share it as much as possible. Remember no matter how things may look in the world all things work for our good( Romans 8:28 ) and in His plan.

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, fears, and doubts at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: