Friday, December 19, 2008

Our Help Comes From The Lord ( Psalm 121:1-2 )

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

Psalms 121:1-2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen to theses verses! Whenever troubles, trials or tough times come our way, all we need to do is look to our Lord in heaven for help. You know I reflect on how many times in my past before I got saved how stupid I acted. I did so many ignorant things to solve my problems that did nothing,but add to my situations. Sad thing is more people do this than we realize. The common thing people in today's society do is turn to drugs or alcohol.The thing is neither one solves problems it really just creates problems. Friends it destroys friendships, separates families, and ruins marriages. Now I know some may say well nowhere in the bible does it say we can't have alcohol,but it does say in moderation. In fact the bible tells us to be sober and to be on guard for the devil our adversary is like a lion looking for those whom he may devour( 1 Peter 5:8 ). Well, here is my humble and personal opinion what are your reasons for it? Is it for comfort? If that is so the Word of God provides that and no bad side effects. Do you need it for happiness? The bible covers that too and in great detail. Why is it people need to go other places for enjoyment or contentment than God's Word. As it is written man can not live by bread alone,but by every word that comes from God's mouth( Deuteronomy 8:3 ).

These verses came to me tonight when I thought about the song "Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns. No matter how rough life gets we can always look up to heaven and know our help is on the way. I know sometimes when the storms of life are pouring down its hard to hold on, but I'm sending encouragement to hold fast and stay strong. Remember we have a strong tower, our fortress, our buckler( Psalm 18:1-3 ).

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ ( 2 Corinthians 5:17). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him ? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 )? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: