Saturday, December 13, 2008

Though I Walk Through The Valley...( Psalm 23:4 )

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very familiar verse and very comforting as well. No matter where we are or what we are going through God is with us. I know the reason I stay at peace despite the things that happen throughout the week and my life recently is because God is with me. It's comforting to know that we serve a god who will be with us and give us the strength we need each day to make it through. Even when life's journey ends He is with us to guide us home.

You know as I know wrote a few days ago David was on the run quite a bit as we know from either his kids or Saul,but still he trusted in God completely. You know what I've noticed personally is the longer you walk with the Lord the more you trust in Him. In fact I don't know what life would be without Him. Like the apostle Paul said everything I have without Christ is dung( Philippians 3:8 ). Friends to me I didn't really start living till I knew Jesus Christ as my Savior. Brothers and sisters in Christ I encourage you if you are enduring a hard time or going through a struggle remember the Lord will be with you. As it says in this verse as the psalmist put it "thy rod and thy staff comfort me". Remember Jesus said I am the good shepherd( John 10:11 ). He will take care of His sheep and they will know His voice( John 10:16 ).

Friends none of us no when we will breathe our last breathe so take in each moment and live it for God. Take every opportunity and share the gospel. This can come in many forms; living a life according to the Word, handing out gospel tracts, and of course telling someone about Jesus Christ the real reason for the season.

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I encourage you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your fears, doubts, and worries at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him ? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: