Thursday, December 11, 2008

The LORD's Mercy ( Lamentations 3:22-23 )

It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22-23

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is His mercy that I am here today. I know this cause when I reflect at the life I lived before getting saved I lived very reckless. As some who know me personally I used to be a party person. I didn't just go to parties I took it to the extreme. Am I proud of this, most certainly not,but the point I am addressing is how I see how God protected me and kept trying to reach out to me. Friends I've told a few of my close brothers and sisters in Christ that like Jonah I ran and I thank God, He didn't have to send a whale to get my attention.

Still to this day I am in awe of how great His mercy is. Even on our bad days where we make a mistake and literally fall short of His glory, God shows us mercy. Each day His mercy is renewed towards us.( Lamentations 3:23 ). Something I've told the kids I help with in the youth group I help with is I know mercy cause I've been shown mercy. God has and continues to show me mercy so in turn I make an effort to show it. Remember friends we did nothing to deserve mercy, much less eternal life so I encourage you all to show mercy on your brothers and sisters in Christ, share the gospel and reach out to the lost.

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your doubts, fears, and worries at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. It is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ).Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: