Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right ( Romans 12:17-18 )

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.


Romans 12:17-18

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friends I'll tell before knowing Jesus as Lord and Savior this would have seemed weird. I know when I was growing up if someone did me wrong I had to get them back and sadly as kids we can be creative and quite cruel. The one thing we must remember first and foremost is that despite what man as in what others do to us we are not to return evil for the evil they act. Instead bless those who curse you and pray for them. Its not easy,but I promise it will do more good and in fact as the apostle Paul wrote a few verses down be as tossing hot coals on their head( Romans 12:20 ). Friends we need to be living out His Word and through love we are displaying that. We need to stop worrying about seeking vengeance and instead seek to share the gospel with them. For as it is written vengeance is the Lord's( Deuteronomy 32:35 ).

I'm not worried about seeing them getting their punishment here on earth the bible is very clear that those who are sons of disobedience who do not choose Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior will get their due punishment. For Jesus said I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life and none may come to the Father except through me( John 14:6 ). So instead we need to share the gospel and remind them that like them we once were lost in sin. I know that the hymn Amazing Grace sounds so much sweeter ever since giving my life to Christ. The reason is because I know I was that wretch. I was lost in my sin and without the grace of God I had no hope, but praise God that He still saves today just as He has throughout all ages. Remember as it is written that all who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved( Romans 10:13 ).

Then you see in verse 18 it says to live peaceably with all men if possible. Now as Christians that shouldn't be too hard to do. If you seek to live a life according to God's Word you will treat people right and the way God intended things to go. Does this always mean things will go peaceably ? No, but like the apostle Paul said try. God realizes were not perfect, but expects us to give our best to Him. The ways I've found is by treating people the way I like to be treated. For example holding a door open for someone with their hands full or showing someone around school who is new. Believe it or not kindness does not go unnoticed and after all who cares what man thinks, care more what God thinks of how your living( Galatians 1:10 ).

Friends as always I send encouragement as this year continues to move on. Be ready to share God's Word in and out of season( 2 Timothy 4:2 ). Don't be ashamed as in it, is the power of salvation( 1 Corinthians 1:18 ).

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways, your sins and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: