Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Not Perfect, Just Forgiven ( Romans 3:23-24 )

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 3:23-24

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. You know this grace through faith as simple as it is took me so long to get( Ephesians 2:8-10 ). It wasn't until the Lord removed the blinders from my eyes that I got it. The Lord made it very clear nothing I could ever do or ever have done could pay for the sins I had done in my life. The reason for this is because God has standards, standards none of us could ever reach,but that is why He sent Jesus Christ. He sent Jesus Christ to pay for our sins. He commendeth His love upon us( Romans 5:8 ) so we could have eternal life and all He asks is that we believe( John 3:16 ).

The thing is I've found that since the day I gave my life to Christ I want to do more than just believe, I want to serve Him in the way I live and speak. Does this mean I will live a perfect life? No, but it does mean that I seek to conform the way I live, speak and act every day to be more like Him( Romans 12:1-2 ). So I ask is there anyone out there who feels that maybe they are too far from God's forgiveness? Do you feel that you have made too many mistakes? You know I thought the same thing too, but He forgave me and He can and will forgive you too if your willing to confess them to Him( 1 John 1:9 ).Think about the thief on the cross. Despite the life he lived, he was granted eternity. So don't think you are too far from His grace and forgiveness. Just be willing to surrender all and I promise you will gain so much more.

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in your way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!

No comments: