Monday, February 9, 2009

God Is Our Refuge & Strength ( Psalm 46:1 )

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 46:1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen to that. I know sometimes it doesn't seem like,but He is there. I know back in November when my grandmother was sick and nearly died He was there with me and my family. He kept me and my family strong through it all. Like it says in this verse He is our strength and our refuge. I know the reason I could stand and say that night "your will be done," was cause I was being sustained by God. I knew that by trusting in Him that He knew my needs and that only He could meet those needs.

See so many times people run to so many outlets to make up for their weakness. They think man what can this world offer me to pick me up and make me feel good. Friends the only lasting strength you can find is in the Word of God. I've found that in my weakness God reveals perfect strength( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). That perfect strength is found when we kneel down and receive His strength. That through Him truly we can do all things( Philippians 4:13 ). You know since giving my life to Him I've found life to be so much fuller. I told a friend and fellow brother in Christ that I really didn't start living till I knew Jesus Christ as Savior. Now whenever I am faced with a problem big or small I turn to God. I know He is there whenever I need Him. I don't have to care if it is 3 in the morning or 11 at night. He is there ready and always willing to listen to me. So friends I encourage you if there is something that is bothering you take it to the Lord in prayer. Remember He is always there,always available to listen and as the psalmist wrote very present in time of trouble. So I guarantee as the scripture states He is there when you need Him, just call on His name and He will He will hear you and deliver you.

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: