Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Will Praise You God Always ( Psalm 34:1 )

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Psalm 34:1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen to that. In this verse opening the 34th psalm it saying I will praise you Lord always. This is exactly what we should be doing praising God for all that He does for us. No matter how life gets we should praise God. Right now I'm going through a tough time. My grandmother is back in the hospital since around November last year she has been in and out. Her health isn't the best due to age, but I have found a reason to praise God every time. I've thanked Him for blessing me with another day to see her to this point. Some people don't stop and realize,but grandmothers are a blessing from God. Every good and perfect gift come from heaven( James 1:17 ). To me she has been the perfect grandmother for me. Now I'm not saying she is perfect,but that she has been perfect for me. She has shown me love, compassion, and been the kind of grandmother any kid would love to have. It was because of her I became an Atlanta Braves fan, but even more than that she supported me like a loving grandmother does. As I was talking to one of my sisters in Christ tonight I told her I felt broken inside knowing that possibly I could lose her. Knowing that one year come baseball season she might not be there in the near future. Despite how much I hurt I can still find a reason to praise God. I can praise Him for the many years I have spent with her so far. I can praise Him for the love I received from her and the memories I will have.

You know this makes think of one of my favorite Jeremy Camp songs " I Still Believe." No matter what happens I Still will believe in His Word, No matter what happens I will still believe in His faithfulness. I know when the time comes and she does pass not only will He be with her,but He will be with me and my family to comfort us. Knowing that just adds one more thing to praise Him for. Knowing I serve a loving God who is intimate and cares about me. He spoke and created this world,but at the same time reaches out to us on an individual level. Praise Him! I promise there is much to praise Him for. I know can I praise Him for my family, my friends, my job, the roof over my head, the meals in my belly and the list goes on.

Friends I encourage you when life gets hard praise God. The storms will come,but I promise blue skies will come just hold fast. I encourage you as 2009 continues to share God's Word with someone with zeal. Don't be ashamed for in it is the power of salvation. Remember telling them could make the difference of where they spend eternity.

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways, your sins and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him ? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: