Saturday, February 14, 2009

O Keep My Soul ( Psalm 25:20 )

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Psalm 25:20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome and so true. I must say the book of Psalm is one of my favorite books in the Bible. God is the keeper of our soul and our deliverer. Remember as it written fear not those who can kill the body,but the one who can kill both the body and soul in hell( Matthew 10:28 ). So many times people become ashamed of their faith or become quiet cause they are afraid of what will happen if they speak out. What I wonder is how can they do this? How can they hide their light? Did not Jesus clearly say in His sermon on the Mount that we should let our light be shown so that all the world shall know( Matthew 5:16 ). Through our testimony, our light we lead them to the true light( John 1:9 ), Jesus Christ who can truly set them free from sin( John 8:36 ) and give them salvation a free and wonderful gift for all who believe in Him ( John 3:16 ).

I love how how in the second half of this verse it says let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in thee. Truly once you put your trust in God there is no need to be ashamed in Him. For in Him you find nothing to be ashamed of. See to be ashamed of something there has to be something wrong with it and well He is perfect,just, holy and good. So with that said ,there is no shame,but only good things such as joy,peace, and hope. I know that when things seem rough and I just don't know how to figure them out I have the solution in Him. I know when life's storms roll in I can cling to Him and He will be there with me. Now does this mean I won't have a bad day? Certainly not, but what it does mean is that I have someone to hold onto every step of the way. God will never leave me nor forsake me( Deuteronomy 31:8 ).

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 )? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: