Monday, November 10, 2008

Sleeping Peacefully Because Of God ( Psalm 4:8 )

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

Psalms 4:8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The book of Psalms is one of my favorites in the Bible. I enjoy how there is so many topics covered. This one is most comforting cause I've found no matter how crazy this world can get I know I can find rest in safety knowing He is still on the throne. I know that when I'm worn from a rough day and it seems the devil has just pushed me to the limit that I can find my rest in Him as I go off to sleep. Friends we serve a God who is love personified( 1 John 4:8 ). You know there have been days I come home from work and can't get off to sleep, but then I go in prayer and believe He will give me rest. The next morning I've awaken rested much better than I thought and in fact sometimes wake up an hour before I planned.

This psalm reminds me of the 23rd where it say He maketh me to lie down in green pastures( Psalm 23:2 ). You know sometimes I just can't rest just cause there are things pressing on my mind and God reminds John you need your rest . Like I've stated before God knows our very needs and sometimes He even has to make us lie down. Remember Jesus said come to me ye who are weary and heavy laden for I will give you rest( Matthew 11:28 ). I can't say it enough,but I am thankful to know that when I'm worn out I can find rest in Him. So friends if you are weary and worn, run to Him and find rest for He cares for you( Matthew 11:29 ).

For anyone reading this tonight who has not chosen Jesus Christ as Lord and personal savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 )? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait , make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: