Saturday, November 22, 2008

If You Seek Him, You Will Find Him ( Deuteronomy 4:29 )

But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Deuteronomy 4:29

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever heard someone say I can't find God or I can't hear Him? Or they ask why isn't He speaking to me. Truth of the matter is He is speaking to and He isn't hidden. What happens in each of these cases is the person who says they can't hear Him are not listening. You say well, how are they not listening? In a number of ways, but ultimately through doing things their way and not God's way. Then for the one who says they can't find Him, well doesn't verse make it clear, if you seek Him with all your heart and all your soul you shall find Him. God isn't hidden. He is not trying to stay out of our lives, but in fact He wants to be in our lives. He wants to help us and be with us through every aspect of our lives. The problem comes with us human beings. It comes with people in general saying hey God you can be in this and that part of my life,but stay out of this area. Friends anyone who is a true believer and truly loves God will say Lord your welcome anywhere. This life is not my own, it was bought with a price( 1 Corinthians 6:20 ).

You know for so long in my own life I couldn't figure out why things happened or why I couldn't find peace in my own life. The problem was I was lacking Christ. It wasn't till last year that finally after running for so long that I got on my knees and gave all to Him. I realized for the first time in my life that I couldn't do it all,but that there was someone who could. I can only barely begin to express how that night felt as though a burden was lifted off me. I feel as that night God removed the spiritual blinders the devil had put on me. No longer was I an enemy of God,but I became a friend of God. The thing is on that night I sought the Lord with all that I could and found Him and His grace. I experienced first hand that we serve a loving god.

So brothers and sisters continue to seek God with all your heart and all your soul. As it is written you will find Him. Remember Jesus said come to me all you who are working and heavy laden and I will give you rest.( Matthew 11:28-30 ). Next time the trials become too much or you feel yourself worn thin come to the Lord and you can find rest. I'm not saying life won't be hard, but what I am saying is God will be with you every step of the way.

For anyone reading this today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 )? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is the matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: