Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Jesus Reconciled Us To God. ( Romans 5:10 )

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Romans 5:10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I spoke to the kids in the youth group at the church I attend the other week I explained to them how when your lost you have a relationship to God even then. What I explained to them is before you got saved you were an enemy of the cross and everything it stood for. In addition you also had a relationship to sin. Either you enjoyed it or just ignored it and said who cares. Then when you get saved, by repenting of your sins and are born you have a new relationship to God and sin. Your relationship to God is you love Him, you are grateful that He sent His son to die for you to pay for the debt of your sins. You seek to do all things in your life for Him. Whether it is cleaning the house for your mom, picking something up at the store for a friend or even cutting the grass. Remember as it is written do all things heartily unto the Lord( Colossians 3:23 ).

The new relationship to sin is you detest it. The very presence of it should make us sick. I know for me personally it just disgusts me just to hear someone to talk in such ungodly ways. Anything from foul and vulgar language to people using blasphemy makes me ill to my stomach.As it is written we should only speak as becoming of the gospel( Philippians 1:27 ).

Friends I am ever so thankful for the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for me. It was the work He did on the cross that reconciled me to God and made me into a friend of God.

For anyone reading this who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 )? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternally( John 3:18 ). Don't wait make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: