Saturday, November 29, 2008

Everything Works 4 My Good,Tough Times Too! ( Romans 8:28)

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:28

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This verse on the surface some have misinterpreted as it saying only good things happen to Christians. Any true believe knows that to be false. Even the best Christians have to endure tough times and trials. Think about the apostles, most notably the apostle Paul who was beaten,through in prison, stoned, and even ship wreck. Sure during our walk great things do happen, but along the way we go through trials and tribulations, these as the verse talks of are used to refine us. See God knows us, our need and wants, and yes our strengthens and weaknesses. Through these trials and tribulations He allows us to go to such a point where instead of being destroyed we grow in strength and in fact grow closer to Him.

I know for me I handle for example road stress in a far different way. I used to get down right mean in the past. Now I never followed anyone home or drove crazy,but I used to let things get to me mentally. Now since getting saved God has shown me that when people pull out in front of me or ride my bumper that He has given me someone to pray for. In addition when they get in front of me it just gives me a little more time alone with Him in the car.

One of the things I've noticed in general is that when we react to every situation good or bad and see it as a chance to grow spiritually we win. We win because we remind the enemy he can't steal our joy or our peace. So friends be encouraged everyday no matter how things are going. Remember it is better to suffer the afflictions of the righteous. For the pleasures of sin is but, for a season( Hebrews 11:25 ).

For anyone reading this today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy ( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: