Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rest In The LORD & Wake Up Refreshed ( Psalm 3:5 )

I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.

Psalm 3:5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boy this verse speaks volumes and especially today to me. Today I worked an open to close day. For anyone who has worked that shift knows how long it can be. Despite the length of the day I continued to find I was full of energy as if I'd only been there a couple hours. Even now as I sit to write this devotional I feel just as wake and energetic as I did hours ago. Some would say, must be caffeine, but I know what it is, it is God sustaining me. Now this is one of the ways He can and will sustain you.

You ever had a day where it seems from all sides the enemy has attacked,but yet at night you feel at peace. No matter how worn or beaten you feel your still here. Without a doubt you know it is God who held you up and been with you throughout the battles.

Now another thing I love in this verse you see how it says David laid down, slept and awakened cause the Lord sustained him. Friends ever notice after your roughest days and you don't get to bed till way late,but yet you wake up refreshed and ready for the day. That to me is clear evidence that God is the one who sustains us His own day to day. I find the nights I miss out reading in His Word or in prayer with Him that I don't feel as awake or refreshed the next morning. It immediately reminds of how it is written man can not live by bread alone,but by every word that comes from God's mouth( Deuteronomy 8:3 ).

So friends I encourage you to read His word as often as you can. Spend more time in communion with Him. There is no formula its about a relationship with Him. It is not an issue of logic of the brain,but it is a heart issue. Is the Word of God in your heart or is it stuck in your mind. See the pharisees knew the scriptures( the Old Testament), but they never let it go any further past their minds. It is why Jesus spoke to them and said they honor me with their lips,but their hearts are far from me( Matthew 15:7-9 ).


For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead throw yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 )? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: