Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Need Some Strength...Call On Jesus! ( Philippians 4:13 )

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippians 4:13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talk about some serious words of encouragement. You know when a brother or sister in Christ is hurting this is one of the verses I remind them of. Not so much that they didn't know it,but hearing those words in the lows of life can just pull you up. You know last year when I got saved and asked God to remove the addiction of alcohol from my life that those words rang in my ears. I realized this addiction wouldn't be easy to walk away from on my own,but with Jesus Christ I could and would do it. Now today I am a little over one year free from this addiction.

What I have found the longer I walk with Christ is nothing is stronger than Him. With men things may be impossible,but with God nothing is( Matthew 19:26 ). I'm not saying that the devil won't ever tempt me again in this area,but I know that I can claim victory for the battle is not mine,but the Lord's( 1 Samuel 17:47 ). So friends I encourage you when tough times come along rely not on your own strength,but ask for His strength. I won't tell you the battles will be easy or that life gets easy,but through your trials and battles God will strengthen you( Isaiah 41:10 ), prepare you( 1 Samuel 17:37 ), and be with you every step of the way( Deuteronomy 31:8 ).

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: