Monday, November 3, 2008

HIS Grace Is Sufficient! ( 2 Corinthians 12:9 )

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Corinthians 12:9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here the apostle Paul was writing to the church in Corinth. The He, Paul writes is Jesus Christ. For truly Christ's grace is sufficient. Remember as it is written for by grace through faith we are saved( Ephesians 2:8-10 ). It is not by our works or accomplishments that we have passed from death unto life. No, it is only by the work done on the cross by our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

You know I am ever thankful for the grace of our Lord. You know thinking about grace I think about how people think of God. They think He is loving and won't send anyone to hell. That thinking isn't biblical. Friends God is a loving god,but He is a just god. For it is written in John 3:18, those who don't believe are condemned( John 3:18 ). Another thing to consider is Jesus said "I am the way,the truth, and the life, none may come to Father except through Me( John 14:6 )". I think the mind set people get in is they base their idea on their own mold versus what the bible teaches. Friends it is written that we are to prove all things( 1 Thessalonians 5:21 ). To prove all things is to examine all things by the Word of God.

Then Paul writes how in weakness perfect strength is made. I've found in my moments of hurt, despair, and weakness of spirit that when I go to God in prayer I am renewed. Remember our true strength comes from Jesus Christ( Philippians 4:13 ). So the next time the devil knocks you to your knees realize you are in the perfect position to regain strength and that he has only made things worse for him. As it is written submit yourself to God, resist the devil and he must flee. Friends I find my strength renewed daily in prayer. Remember daily we need to equip ourselves in the armor of God( Ephesians 6:11-18 ).

Paul then closes this verse by saying," Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." What he was saying reminds me of what it says in James in the first chapter , verses 2-4, which talks about rejoicing through trials and tribulations. The reason we are to rejoice is one these things while the devil means us harm, God uses to strengthen and refine us. Just as when Joseph's brother sold him into slavery meant him harm, but God used it to save them and for His glory( Genesis 50:20 ). Friends we must look at our lives with not our own eyes, but through God's eyes. We must stop relying on this temporal world and instead put our full trust in God( Proverbs 3:5 ).

For anyone reading this today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He does care for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 )? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternally( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: