Wednesday, November 26, 2008

If The Word Don't Approve It, It Ain't Good( Matthew 18:8-9)

Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Matthew 18:8-9

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I must admit at first when I read this passage before getting saved I was a little scared. I thought man I might need to go ahead and pluck out both eyes. Instead what I have come to find the longer I walk with God and the more I read His word is what Jesus was saying. What He was saying is if something in your life is not according to scripture. Another words can you own this item or conduct in this activity and in no way feel that you are offending God. The thing I found is the more I applied this to my life the more things had to go. Friends this year I got rid of 30 dvds. What people don't realize and even Christians is there is so much blasphemy, foul language, lack of modesty, and other things that are just sickening. As it is written we are to abstain from all appearances of evil( 1 Thessalonians 5:22 ).

I've even heard some adults say hey I can ignore certain words and it will be all right. I beg to differ for as Jesus said what defiles a man is what comes out of mouth( Matthew 15:11 ). When you speak it reveals what is in your heart. Can you honestly see someone who loves the Lord with all their heart and soul just using foul language as every other word? I can't. In fact as it is written no corrupt communication should come out of our mouths, but instead that we should speak in a way to minister grace to others and build them up( Ephesians 4:29 ). Friends as you know any time you have had this type of language either directed at you or heard it did it ever minister grace to you or build you up?


Friends we live in such a fallen world and yes while there things we can't avoid there are things we can. So I encourage you the next time you think about doing something or buying something think would it please God and does it bring His name glory( Galatians 1:10, Colossians 3:23 , and 1 Peter 4:11 ). Remember the Word says to prove all things( 1 Thessalonians 5:21 ).

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: