Thursday, March 5, 2009

Who Are You Pleasing ? ( Galatians 1:10 )

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.


Galatians 1:10
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing people don't realize is they are serving others. How are they doing this? They are allowing others direct their lives in who they are and what they do. Friends as Christians we have one to please and that one is the living God. If we please any other than as the Apostle Paul wrote we should not be the servants of Christ.
How can claim to love Jesus Christ,but seek to please anyone else above Him ?

Now I'm not encouraging any child to rebel against their parents or employee to go against the rules of the company. What I am saying is that our ultimate goal is in anything we do is to please God. This applies in all areas from home to work and even at school. For me I look back in my past life before coming to know Christ as Lord and Savior and I can clearly see who I sought to please. In addition to seeking to please other people my life had became one of self absorption. I became all about what I needed and thought life was all about me. Praise God for opening my eyes. He revealed to me how proud and arrogant I was. Truly He set me free( John 8:36 ) and through Him I became a new creation( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ).


Another thing that comes to mind when thinking of this verse is how people wanna do good things,but have the wrong motivates. This goes right along cause if our intent is to get attention by people for doing some good act instead of doing it for the glory of God. As Christians everything we do in our lives should be to bring glory to God. When you wash dishes wash them so that it brings His name the most glory. When you go to work do the best job so that in doing your best it will bring His name glory. I know tasks like that sound silly,but we should do all things heartily to the Lord( Colossians 3:23 ). Believe it or not through our lives we can impact others who do not know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Remember we are to be a light to this world( Matthew 5:16 ). Be a living testimony. Show them Christ by applying His Word to your life( 1 Corinthians 9:14 ).


Friends be encouraged daily through His Word. Don't rely on self help books, we have the greatest source of help, the Bible. In it has all the answers we will ever need all we need to do is just open it up and let God speak to us. How do we do this? Get to know Him? Get deep in His Word. Study His Word daily, feast on it. As it is written man can not live by bread alone,but by every word that proceeds from God's mouth( Deuteronomy 8:3 ). As I spoke on the other night desire for God as the deer pants for the water in the brook( Psalm 42:1 ).


For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways, your sins and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him ? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ).
Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W.
Whybrew III <><

No comments: