Wednesday, March 11, 2009

There Is None Righteous ( Romans 3:10 )

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What a shocker this must have been to some people when the Apostle Paul spoke this or when they received this letter. They must have thought what how can this be I do all these good things so I must be righteous. The problem is many people then like even now get righteous and self righteous mixed up. Our righteousness is like filthy rags( Isaiah 64:6 ) before the Lord due to iniquity we are born into and the fact that we are imperfect. We only are declared righteous through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior( Romans 5:17 ). You know when I think about this verse I think about how self righteous I used to be. Before I came to know the Lord as my Savior, I lived a double life. Sad to say I might as well been to some degree a pharisee. I lived by my so called "moral laws" ,but lived however made me feel good. In a sense like the pharisee I figured sense I hadn't killed anyone or broken any of the ten commandments in "my book" I was ok.

The thing was friends this life was tearing me up and I didn't even realize it at that time. It wasn't until 2007 that God drew me to Him and showed me who I was through His law that I was guilty just as all men are before God. Then He gave me hope through His son that by trusting in Him. On the night I gave my life to Christ I now can look back and see how as it is written that all who call upon the Lord shall be saved( Romans 10:13 ).

One thing I've noticed now looking back is how prideful I used to be. On top of that it was in the wrong things. Now I can say the only thing I boast in, is that God saved me and that everything I am is because He is mighty to save. On tuesday night at Vertical a youth outreach ministry I attend occasionally I had the opportunity to share a testimony. I thank God that I didn't hold back. Cause now I know it felt great to share it, not just to talk, but to glorify God. Cause I am absolutely humbled in how far He has brought me in my walk with Him. I know the past couple months of my grandmother being in and out of hospital have been trying and with her health is always a trial. The very fact I am able to go on day to with joy is because of He who lives in me.

A song that is actually playing and a favorite of mine is " I Still Believe" by Jeremy Camp. Through the storm I'm continuing to go through I still believe in His faithfulness knowing He is taking care of her, knowing His Word declares that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me( Philippians 4:13 ).

Friends I encourage to remember that it is not about you, it is about Him. Remember if this world hates you, remember it hated Him first and only hates you for His name sake( John 15:18-19 ). Don't lose heart when they treat you wrong,but instead show them the love of Christ. Remember as it is written we would be known this way by loving one another ( John 13:35 ).

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways, your sins and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: