Friday, March 13, 2009

Trust In Him Always & Pour Our Your Heart Before Him( Psalm 62:8 )

Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Psalm 62:8

--------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know this is one area God has really worked hard in me. This I found so awesomely humble as it showed me just how far the depth of His love extends. See while we are all human and we all have fallen short of His glory, we all have areas where we are weaker than others and God knows that. The awesome thing is God can and will strengthen us. I love how David puts its trust in Him at all times ye people. Friends we must and should certainly trust God in all situations no matter how things look. Like I've recently spoke about with my grandmother being ill. It does hurt seeing her not just as she once was, but I know God is still God. I know that He is still on the throne and that He is meeting her every need. Not only that, but He is providing me and my family comfort and peace throughout my day. I even know that when the time comes and she passes that He will be with us then to provide us with comfort then. The reason I know this is because He is faithful( Deuteronomy 7:9,1 Corinthians 1:9 ) and He promised to be close to those of broken heart( Psalm 34:18 ).

In addition David continues by saying pour out your heart before Him. Friends when you go to prayer to God tell Him all that is on your heart. Tell Him all your thankful for, tell Him your troubles. If you need to ask forgiveness ask Him. Remember just because you got saved, doesn't mean you won't sin. Remember as it written all have fallen short of the glory of God( Romans 3:23 ). God knows that through our daily lives we will make errors, but if you come to God and pour your heart before Him in repentance He is just to forgive you and cleanse you from all unrighteousness( 1 John 1:9 ). Now in no way does this give us a license to sin, but instead calls us to live lives according to His Word. I know I'm not perfect,but I seek to live as He wants me to live. I may not get it right, but I will continue to run the race with patience in the hope of seeing Jesus one day in paradise.

Then in the last part David wrote how God is our refuge. Wow, what a wonderful reference especially for me right now. As some of my close brothers and sisters in Christ know I am going through a storm and those who read the devotionals. With my grandmother going through different health issues it has been hard on me. I stay strong for the most, but I know the strength is not my own( Philippians 4:13 ). It is awesome to know that when life's storms come along we have someone to go to and that is God. I know personally I have found rest in Him as this storm goes on. The thing that amazes me is how God has turned this storm in my life as way for me to grow closer to Him. In it I've come to trust Him more than I already did. What the enemy tried to use to destroy God used for good( Romans 8:28 ).


So friends I encourage you to trust God as I have at all times. No matter how dark the storm clouds look remember we have a Rock to hold onto that is stronger. I know I've probably mentioned this song a couple of times,but going through this storm this song comes to mind, " I Still Believe" by Jeremy Camp. Despite the storm I'm in I still believe in His faithfulness and in His Word. I know that He has everything in control. So friends, brothers and sisters trust in Him always, and pour out your heart before Him.

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways, your sins and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him ? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest decision you will ever make. It is matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: