Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Keeping His Commandments Are A Joy ( 1 John 5:3 )

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

1 John 5:3

--------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I've said before serving God is loving obedience. Knowing that to obey Him is to love Him and to love Him. To me it just makes sense and I believe to any believer it does as well. That knowing where He has brought us from and what He has done for us. Beyond that just who He is, is sufficient enough for us. Notice in the end of this verse it says His commandments are not grievous. To us who love Him they aren't, in fact to do as He commands is what we seek to do. As it is written we are not to conform ourselves to this world,but to be renewed of mind and spirit so that we may know the perfect will of God( Romans 12:2 ). Another words friends since God has began a supernatural work in our lives where He has brought us from death, spiritual death to life( John 5:24 ) we no longer think the same way. Not only do we not think the same,but our entire life begins changing. Friends I can tell you personally how since He saved me that I don't look or think the same way. Instead of applying the things in my life to the movies or books, I apply His Word in all areas of my life. This means everything from school, work, at home and even how I conduct myself at church and church functions.

Remember if we are to witness to those who are lost we must first get right our own lives. I know for me God really spent the first year when He drew me to Him fixing me up and healing me. Not to mention I had areas where I had spiritual battles,but as I drew nigh to Him, He drew nigh to me and was with me every step of the way and gave me strength( Philippians 4:13 ) to fight the giants of my life. Now does this mean all the battles are over? No, but He has prepared me for the future fights. We were promised an easy road, for the easy road leads to destruction( Matthew 7:13-14 ).

Keep His commandments. Now granted you make mistake, as it written all have fallen short of the glory of God( Romans 3:23 ), but if you confess your sins He is faithful and just to forgive them and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness( 1 John 1:9 ). Be encouraged as we continue through 2009. Continue serving Him in loving obedience, as it is your reasonable service( Romans 12:1 ).

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways, your sins and find your identity in Jesus Christ ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him ? Will you let him set you free from the bonds of sins( John 8:36 )? I encourage you to do so. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait( Matthew 24:35-36)!

God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: