Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Examine Me & Prove Me God ( Psalm 26:2 )

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

Psalms 26:2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To examine by Webster dictionary is to inspect closely. Then the next word is prove, is to test. So David is asking to both have himself inspected closely and to be tested. Friends as Christians we should continually ask God to examine us and to prove. Not to see if we are perfect for we know that none us would meet that standard, but instead to see where we are at in our walk with Him. See what in our lives needs work. You know one of many things I've learned is you never get to a point with God that you stop learning or don't need improvement. As the word prove means, to test, God will test us to see if He is the center of our lives. Think about the story of Abraham and his son Issac. The Lord asked Him to sacrifice his son. The Lord was testing Abraham to see who Abraham would put first God or Issac? The blessing or the provider?

Something that comes to mind in proving us God will use trials to build our faith. These trials will make us step outside our comfort zone and rely on Him alone. Through this we are refine and grow stronger in our through Him. Remember as it is written the trying of our faith works patience( James 1:3 ). Through building this patience we learn that while we don't understand the situation we understand that what God said will come to pass in His time.

You know one thing looking back in my life I can see how very impatient I was. I never took time in the sense I wanted what I needed now and didn't care about others. Now instead I think of others before myself thinking. Remembering that a servant attitude is one of humility and that ultimately I am not here to please me,but to please God and God alone( Galatians 1:10 ). In fact I've found that in prayer I ask God to examine my heart and how acted through the day. Now granted I'm not perfect, but I do desire to be Christ like. Through asking Him to examine us we allow Him to show us areas where we need work. Remember none us are and none of will be this side of heaven, but this give us no excuse to sin willfully( Romans 6:1-2 ). When you ask God to examine you and He shows you an area you need work on. Don't argue and say God I'm fine. Instead submit to His will and realize He knows our deepest needs. Realize that by Him showing you these areas He desires the best for you.

Friends I encourage you to pour out your heart before God. Ask Him to examine and prove you. Let this not be just monthly or yearly, but instead I encourage it to be daily. I'm encourage myself by what the Apostle Paul wrote in scripture, I die daily( 1 Corinthians 15:31 ).


For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways, your sins and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him ? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ). I encourage you to do so. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait( Matthew 24:36 )!

God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: