Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Soul Panteth After Thee ( Psalm 42:1 )

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

Psalm 42:1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the psalmist wrote he, he compared his desire for God as the way a deer desire the water in a brook. Do you have it? Do you desire God? Do you have a thirst for His Word? You know before coming to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior I couldn't imagine having this desire. The reason why is because I cared more about me and thought this life was about me. When God opened up my eyes and showed me how selfish I was and how it wasn't about me and that it was about Him. It was about how He died for me so that I could live more abundantly that I began living so much more.When I began to really live I began to thirst for Him and His Word. Friends I just can't get enough of it. In His Word we can find comfort, joy, and peace. In it we can find the answers to all of life's answers.

For so much of my life I ran to so many outlets to solve my problems and all it left me was empty or more problems. Now when I have a problem I take it to only place where I find hope and that is in God. I know that only He can solve my problems big and small. Notice I said both big and small. In most cases people come to God for the big things,but friends we should bring God all things for He does care. The scripture clearly says to cast all your cares upon Him for He cares( 1 Peter 5:7 ).

Something I've noticed as I continue walking with God is my desire to want to know Him more. Do you wake up seeking Him? Do you go to bed thinking about Him ? I encourage you brothers and sisters to desire Him as David writes in this verse. Have a thirst for Him and His Word. Seek Him daily through prayer and in His Word.


Friends I encourage you get to know God. Develop an intimate relationship with God. Think about it, if He sent His son to die for your sins, don't you deserve to give Him your all. Is it not your reasonable service( Romans 12:1 )? Take time I promise the more you seek Him, the more you will find Him.

For any reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways, your sins and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: