Tuesday, March 10, 2009

There is None That Understand Or Seek God ( Romans 3:11 )

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Romans 3:11

--------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I first read this verse I must say at first look I thought what? How can this be? Then with much insight from God I understood. On our own we would neither understand or seek Him. Now I'm not saying we completely understand Him as there are just things we won't understand due to a simple fact God is infinite and we are finite. First I will start with where the Apostle Paul write in this verse that none understandeth. I know personally I have gone through trials in my walk with Christ that at first glance and while going through them they didn't make sense. If I thought with my own natural mind in how things went it wouldn't make sense. In fact I wouldn't be confounded and scratching my head. Of course I no longer rely on my understanding, but instead rely on His knowledge through His Word( Proverbs 3:5-6 ). I know that in trusting in Him completely that He will straighten the way in all situations and despite what I see in my path He knows just how to lead me through.

At first when I came to know Jesus as Lord and Savior this was hard to do, but day by day my faith grew as He showed me that He was with me every of the way. Now a verse comes to mind when life begins to get rough and that is the just shall live by faith( Habakkuk 2:4 ). The last couple of months have been very tough and hard to understand,but truly I have had to lean completely on God alone. Between waiting to drive, my grandmother being in and out of the hospital, and other family members being sick it has been tough. Now I can tell you all that through it all, the only reason I made it was because my redeemer lives.

The next part of the verse goes none seek after God. Now I'm sure reading this some may say what? I don't get this. Truly on your own before coming to know God it was not you sought Him. The truth of the matter was it was Him drawing you to Him. Do you ever think about the night you gave your heart to the Lord? What was it that drew you to make that decision? What was it that made you think about your life ?

I know for me reflecting now while the night I gave my life to Christ I went to a lock in. That night I was looking for something, but instead someone found me. That night God found me. God convicted my heart and began a work in me. I didn't know it that night, but God was drawing me to Him. He had a reason for me to be there. He knew I was spiritually dead and needed Him. That night I passed from death unto life( John 5:24 ). Now I seek Him because I have a desire in my heart from Him.


So friends I encourage you to get to know God. Develop an intimate relationship with Him. Share your worries and fears with Him for He does care for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Study His Word and get deep. Remember we have an adversary out there look to devour us so we need to be ready( 1 Peter 5:8 ). God has give us a powerful weapon, His Word.


For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways, your sins and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him ? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is matter of life and death,life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: