Monday, March 30, 2009

Praise Shall Always Be On My Lips ( Psalm 34:1 )

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Psalm 34:1

--------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I love this verse and I'm sure some would say how can someone do this? How can you always praise when life isn't always as they say, a walk in the park or sunshine and lollipops. Well, Jesus never said follow me and life will be easy. No what He did say was deny yourself, take up your cross and follow me( Mark 8:34 ). So going back to the verse how do we bless the Lord at all times? Well, I can tell you personally from mine own life I've learned to bless His name through storms just for who He is. To a lot of people that sounds crazy,but to me and any other believer it makes sense. For example back in November of last year my grandmother was very ill and we(my family and I) really felt we were going to lose her. Despite how bad things looked I could still find a reason to bless God. I praised Him for the fact He had given me many years with her and I trusted in the fact that He was taking care of her. What amazed me through it was how He strengthened my faith through it. Through this trial I grew closer to God.

I believe the reason people find it hard to praise God is they are too busy focusing on the hard times. They are worried about the situation and how they can fix it. Instead of worrying about what your going through take it to Him in prayer, pour out your heart before Him( Psalm 62:8 ). All the worrying your going to do isn't going to solve it. Instead hand it over to Him. Granted His solution may not be the answer we always want to hear, but it is the one we need to hear. Sometimes we go through trials to strengthen us. Think about it this way if we learn to praise God in the storm, how much louder can we praise Him in the sun?

Friends, brothers and sisters I encourage continue to have His praises on your lips as the Psalmist writes for truly He is worthy of our praise. Continue sharing the gospel as the year moves on. Don't be ashamed of it, for it holds the power of salvation( Romans 1:16 ).


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: